- 1 Get crystal clear TV reception signal plus HDTV channels in your RV with an Antenna
- 2 Find the Best RV TV Antenna in 2021
- 2.1 Winegard RVW-395 Sensar IV HDTV RV Antenna
- 2.2 KING VQ4500 Tailgater Portable/Roof Mountable Satellite Dish TV Antenna
- 2.3 KING Antenna OA8500 Jack HDTV Directional Over-the-Air Antenna
- 2.4 KING Antenna OA8300 Jack Replacement Head HDTV Directional Over-the-Air Antenna
- 2.5 Winegard RV-WING Wingman UHF RV TV Antenna
- 3 Why do you need a TV Antenna for your RV?
- 4 Types of RV Antennas
- 5 What Also to Look for When Buying an RV Antenna
- 6 Best Antenna for RV’ing FAQs
- 7 Best Antenna Conclusion:
Finding the right RV antenna is not easy since there are so many manufacturers in the market. This makes it difficult to tell a good antenna from a bad one. Whether you are camping or on the road for a trip, you want to ensure that you don’t lose touch with the world. Most importantly, you will want to get some entertainment.
Get crystal clear TV reception signal plus HDTV channels in your RV with an Antenna
The only way to succeed with this is by having the best RV antenna to give you the best reception. Some RV antennas allow you to rotate them via a remote controller when searching for the best quality signal, while others are set manually.
When searching the best RV antennas, there are many factors that you will want to consider like, size, shape, design, price, brand, and reception. It’s also essential to understand that there are stronger RV antennas than others, which cost a little more. That is because they can keep your television connected even if you are miles away inside the forest. When it comes to design, it is good to know that some RV antenna comes in parts. You, therefore, need to ensure that you strictly stick to the manual when installing them.
Find the Best RV TV Antenna in 2021
Winegard RVW-395 Sensar IV HDTV RV Antenna
The Winegard RVW-395 Sensar IV HDTV RV Antenna is one of the most powerful RV antennas in the market. It is composed of the sense III antenna integrated with UHF enhanced Wingman antenna for over the air television signals. That means you will enjoy an HD and SD over the air television broadcast within 55 miles radius. Unlike most RV antenna, the Winegard RVW-395 Sensar IV HDTV RV Antenna is simple to install. Plus, it will give you an easy time searching for high-quality broadcast signals. According to many reviews, it takes less than 25 minutes to install and get the antenna working.
To make it more durable, the Winegard RVW-395 Sensar IV HDTV RV Antenna powder-coat protection blocks the natural agents of wear and tear like rain and sunlight. One of the main reasons why many RV owners prefer the Winegard RVW-395 Sensar IV HDTV RV Antenna is because it can receive both UHF and VHF signals. This would give you enough options about the number of television stations you can watch.
- Excellent performance
- Receives over the air SD and HD signals
- Receives VHF and UHF programming broadcasts within 55 miles radius
- Can receive more sub-channels that are not offered by satellite
- Quite expensive
KING VQ4500 Tailgater Portable/Roof Mountable Satellite Dish TV Antenna
If you search for an excellent portable RV antenna, this should be the perfect option for you. Completely portable and lightweight, you get the freedom of positioning this antenna anywhere you prefer, be it on a tripod stand or a couple of meters away from your motorhome. Also, you can decide to get it installed permanently on the roof of your RV. The Kings VQ4500 Tailgater Portable/Roof Mountable Satellite TV Antenna will allow enjoying HD and SD quality broadcasts because it uses satellite signals.
The dish is designed to be durable, with all the sensitive parts properly enclosed to avoid exposure and damages. It’s also good to know that this antenna uses DISH services. That means you get to pay for the stations that you can watch in two ways. You can decide to pay as you go or go for a long term subscription contract. This antenna is directly powered by a receiver without a separate power source or remote control, reducing your motorhome’s energy consumption.
- Fully portable for more outdoor activities but have stands for permanent mounting
- Exclusively designed to work with DISH services
- Designed for stationery us only
- Multiple outputs for different TVs but only one station at a time across all screens.
KING Antenna OA8500 Jack HDTV Directional Over-the-Air Antenna
This is a smaller version of the RV antenna, but you should not underestimate its ability to receive quality signals. Designed to offer convenience, this antenna has a stream-line shape to reduce wind resistance more so when you are on the road. The benefit of this is, you will reduce the chances of damaging your antenna or, worse, losing it while driving on the highway. To reduce the risks further, the KING OA8500 Jack HDTV Directional Over-the-Air Antenna has a compact design and even comes with mounting legs. That means you don’t have to buy everything separately hence convenient.
When it comes to signal, this antenna receives both VHF and UHF broadcasts with better quality than what most RV antenna will provide. That is because it’s one of the RV antennas in the market built with more technology than other kinds of antennas. Capable of rotating 360 degrees, the KING OA8500 Jack HDTV Directional Over-the-Air Antenna will leave no blind spots as far as your signal search is concerned.
- Built with aerodynamic technology to allow for mobility
- Receives VHF and UHF signal
- Sturdy inbuilt technology to enhance functionality
- The warranty is more limited compared to what others are offering
- It does not come with a mounting plate
KING Antenna OA8300 Jack Replacement Head HDTV Directional Over-the-Air Antenna
The KING OA8300 Jack Replacement Head HDTV Directional Over-the-Air Antenna is another impressive RV antenna that many motorhome owners prefer. The antenna boasts a sleek and small design that makes it blend perfectly, whether in or on top of your RV. What makes this antenna the buyers’ choice is that it can detect long-range signals and boost them for better quality. This gives it a broader reception coverage. That means even if you are camping somewhere in the forest, you can still enjoy your favorite TV show.
Unlike most RVs antennas, the Kings OA8300 Jack Replacement Head HDTV Directional Over-the-Air Antenna has retrofit upgrades. This allows you to upgrade the batwings to digital HD in just 5 minutes. When it comes to installation, it takes a few minutes to make it simpler; the antenna comes with universal mounting brackets so that you don’t have to do any customization. It’s small and compact to reduce wind resistance while you are on the road.
- Receives both UHF and VHF signals
- More channels to watch due to long-range signal acquisition
- Upgrading the batwings ensures a better quality viewing
- An excellent unit but poor customer service
Winegard RV-WING Wingman UHF RV TV Antenna
This is yet another impressive RV antenna that will offer you nothing but the best quality of your favorite television show. With over 30 years in the game, the manufacturers of Winegard RV-WING Wingman UHF RV TV Antenna work to ensure that you access television broadcasts without any hustle. The Winegard RV-WING Wingman can optimize your Sensor Batwing RV TV antenna hence boosting your UHF reception by 100%.
With an increased range and VHF capabilities, the Winegard RV-WING Wingman can work perfectly even in areas with weak signal strength. This makes it perfect for camping in more remote places. This RV antenna offers you the best value for money regarding the signal quality you will get. When it comes to installation, you will need less than twenty minutes to set it up and begin watching. You will get to enjoy a wide variety of what to watch because the Winegard RV-WING Wingman transmits both UHF and VHF signals.
- Easy to install
- Signal boosting feature for better image quality
- Work even in areas with low signals
- It is not an actual antenna but a booster; hence needs an antenna to function.
Why do you need a TV Antenna for your RV?
As much as you are enjoying your camping trip, it does not mean that you should get detached from the rest of the world. Remember that we live when everything happens fast, and information is also becoming important by the day. Some of the main reasons why you will need an antenna on your RV is because:
4 Reasons to get a TV Antenna:
- You don’t want to miss the news – watching the news is something that any sane adult does. Even if you don’t have to watch the news every day, you need to be up to date with what is happening in the country. This should also help you avoid getting exposed to danger. For example, if a forest fire breaks on the other side of the camping ground, you will never know about it until it’s too late unless you can access a news broadcast.
- You will need entertainment – entertainment is vital because it helps you relax and have a good time for free. With the television on board, you will get to enjoy all your favorite television shows only if you have the right antenna. The good thing with TV is that there are all kinds of entertaining things to watch from music, sports, dancing, documentaries and more.
- You need the best quality broadcast – Do you have a television in your motorhome but can’t watch TV because you lack the right antenna? Antennas are designed to enhance the quality of broadcast even in low signal areas. That means they don’t work the same way home antenna works.
- Connect to Wi-Fi – places with poor reception are the worse when it comes to accessing the internet. However, with the right RV antenna, you can log on to the internet because they boost signals.
Tip: Avoid using your antenna when it is raining because you put yourself at risk of getting struck by lightning.
Types of RV Antennas
Typically, there are four types of RV antenna that you can find in the market. Below is a comprehensive table of the types of RV antenna, features, advantages, and disadvantages.
|RV Antenna Type||Common Features||Advantages||Disadvantages|
|Outdoor||Resistant to damage caused by rain and sun||Better reception||Reception can get distorted by objects like trees.|
|Indoor||Stylish and small. Looks good inside an RV||Easy to install and use||May did not offer the best quality reception.|
|Satellite||You get to subscribe to the broadcast services.||The best quality broadcast||It would help if you had a portable receiver.|
|UHF/VHF/Digital & HD TV antennae||It offers a wider variety of what you can watch.||Broadcasts both UHF and VHF||It can take some time to install|
What Also to Look for When Buying an RV Antenna
Buying antennas is easy if you know what you are looking for. If it is your first time buying one, then you must take a longer time conducting research. Alternatively, you can use the help of somebody who is conversant with RV antennas. People who buy RV antennas expect one thing, and that is quality reception that is not interrupted.
Best Durable RV Antenna with the Best HD Reception Received
If buying an outdoor RV antenna, durability is the second factor to consider. You will also want to ensure that your outdoor RV antenna will not be blown away by the wind when you are cruising on the highway. If you conduct your research correctly, you will learn about the best brands in the market. This should be the safest way to buy an antenna for your motorhome.
Affordable Digital RV Antenna
Affordability is another vital influencer when it comes to selecting the right antenna. It is good to point out that you can always find an antenna that fits your budget if you search in the right places. That is why these RV antennas are available in different designs and features, influencing their prices. Although expensive digital RV antennas will provide you with the best reception, don’t forget that some of the most affordable ones also work perfectly.
Installing an RV Antenna: Outdoor vs Indoor
You will want to consider the process of installing the RV antenna is installed, especially if you expect to set it up alone. Note that there are portable and permanent antennas that can be used on RV television. Depending on how you want to use your motorhome antenna, it is good to consider its installation. That way, you will avoid getting disappointed in the future, and you will regret having an antenna that cannot help you.
Recommendation: always make sure that you are buying an original product if you want a quality RV antenna. Thankfully, you can easily confirm if the antenna is real by running the serial number or scanning a barcode or QPR code.
Best Antenna for RV’ing FAQs
It is possible to use more than one RV antenna as long as you do it one antenna at a time. That is because televisions come with a single port for the antenna. If you plan to switch your antennas from indoors to outdoor, for instance, regularly, then you should ensure that they don’t give you a hard time doing it.
Best Antenna Conclusion:
No one likes watching television that has distorted images, which led to satellite television to be introduced. With many RV antenna manufacturers in the market, it is crucial to keep an eye open for con artists. That is because they manufacture counterfeit RV antennas and sell them for more than what they worth. That is why any person experienced with RV accessories will tell you that you need to take your time when choosing your antenna.
Thanks to the internet, however, this should be easy, and if possible, you can complete your order online. When doing so, you will want to ensure that you are shopping from a genuine dealer to avoid regrets.